Make your own Funnel Cake at home with awesome and easy recipe! I made it yesterday and it turned out amazing, so delicious. My family and I love it!
Makes 6-8 (depending on size)
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1-3/4 cups of Milk (plus more if necessary)
2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Vegetable Oil for Frying
1. Pour oil into a cast iron skillet halfway and let it get nice and hot (about 375 degrees). Put the end of a wooden spoon into the skillet, if the bubbles are all around the edge, it means your oil is hot enough.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder, set aside.
3. In a large measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla, then pour into the dry ingredients and whisk to mix everything together until really creamy and nice smooth. The batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter. If you feel like your batter is a bit thick, add some more milk.
4. Fill the funnel cake dispenser up with batter in the hot oil ( it’s easier to pour this when it’s not supper full), then drizzle it in a round then zig zag pattern. Cook for about a minute or two on each side until deeply golden brown and so crispy. Prepare a baking sheet lined with some paper towels to drain out the excess oil.
5. Drain them on a paper towels and put on top some confectioner sugar or whatever you want.
Notes: You can also use a funnel and a cup. Using two hands, hold the funnel above the pan and pour the batter in the funnel with the cup in your other hand.